One thing we have in common with the ancients is that all of the human race has gazed at the night sky and the bright morning and wondered, “What’s out there?” Our universe is so vast and awe-inspiring that to learn about it is to learn about ourselves.
The Astronomy Book will teach you:
- What long-ago astronomers thought about other worlds.
- Solar system facts.
- How constellations relate to astrology.
- The history of space exploration.
- Whether black holes exist.
- The origin and age of the moon.
- Why Mars doesn’t support life.
- The compostion of stars, supernova remnants, and the myth of star birth.
- Asteriod legends and the extinction of the dinosaurs.
- Whether planets outside our solar system could be home to intelligent life.
- What UFOs are.
- The age of comets and meteor showers.
Learning about the universe is huge fun! In the almost infinite expanse above us, we can examine planets, galaxies, and phenomena so beautiful and complex that we never outgrow a childlike wonder. We see our own reflection in the moon, the stars, and in the comet trails. The more we learn, the less we fear!
This book also includes a free 24” color pull out poster!